Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Out with the Old, In with the New

Sept. 17, 2008

Outside my window...it's a beautiful,warm,sunny day; hopefully not the last.
I am thinking...that it's amazing that I could get rid of five bags of clothes out of my closet, and not even notice. I definitely have too much.
I am thankful...for my family still being near me, healthy and happy.
From the kitchen...fried smelts, caught in Lake Superior in the Spring. No one cooks them like my Mom. They are more addictive than candy.
I am wearing...jeans and a sleeveless top.
I am reading...Writing the Christian Romance, by Gayle Gaymer Martin.
I am hoping...that since Mitchell's bookstore just declared bankruptcy, that there'll be an amazing going-out-of-business sale. I got rid of my clothes, so I feel I can buy more books. Sounds logical to me.
I am hearing...Look Away, by Chicago.
Around the house... we're preparing to have a birthday party on Saturday for my youngest daughter. She turned 16 in August. We bought her a small diamond ring as a keepsake. My oldest daughter got a locket when she turned 16. Funny, that they both wanted jewellery. When I turned 16, my Mom bought me a pine hope chest, handmade by a friend of ours. I used to collect things for my future house and dream of the day I'd get married. I would sit beside it and look at each of the things I had accumulated and dream of my future. I still have it, only now it stores shoes and is used for sitting on when we're putting our shoes on.
One of my favourite things...a good meal, especially one cooked by someone else.
A few plans for the week...work two nights, prepare for the party, clean the church (it's our turn), and finally finish the financial statement for the Carey Conference (I didn't go near it at all this week).

No comments: