Monday, October 13, 2008

Post Thanksgiving Dinner

Oct.13,2008

Outside my window...another beautiful day.
I am thinking...that this was a great Thanksgiving Day. I can't believe I was so relaxed and everything went so smoothly. Since I was feeding 17 people I decided to do buffet style and we sat wherever. This was a good idea.
I am thankful...for my family, my husband of 22 years, for our health and safety, for our country, for our jobs, our home and car, for a church where we hear great preaching and can serve God.
From the kitchen...dim sum, crab dip and crackers. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, pork loin with apple sauce, rice and peas (a Jamaican staple), okra and tomatoes (see recipe below), corn, green beans and carrots, mushrooms in Reisling (recipe from Canadian Living magazine), candied yams, wine, Northern blueberry pie with ice cream, lemon poppy seed cake (see recipe below), pumpkin pie with whipped cream, coffee and tea. Gluttony, pure gluttony. We'll be eating leftovers for a week.
I am wearing...a navy skirt and a light blue sleeveless blouse. It's quite warm. We ate out on the deck.
I am reading...Man Overboard! The story of Jonah, by Sinclair Ferguson. I love that story.
I am hoping...that my daughter gets back to university safely tonight and my husband comes back home safely, as well. I stayed home to clean up after our guests left.
I am hearing...When God Ran, by Phillips, Craig and Dean. I love that song. It's based on the story of the Prodigal Son.
Around the house...everything is tidied up. We're putting the pictures from tonight onto Facebook. I love Facebook.
One of my favourite things...campfires. I even like the smell of campfire smoke on me. Hot dogs are best over an open fire.
Some plans for the week...as yesterday. My husband may be going on his yearly Guys' Fishing Trip on the weekend. I'm so lonely when he's gone. I didn't think I was so needy.

No comments: