Monday, October 6, 2008

Technology is Our Friend

Oct. 6, 2008

Outside my window...a beautiful, sunny day.
I am thinking...that whoever invented the iPod is a genius.
I am thankful...that I can read and listen to music at the same time. My commute (an hour each way) goes so quickly.
From the kitchen...leftovers. We had an amazing dinner yesterday. Chicken, ribs, potatoes, broccoli and carrots, pumpkin pie.
I am wearing...jeans and a new "Mom sweater". That's a V-neck sweater with 3/4 length sleeves, with a mock white collared shirt underneath. It's what all 40 year old Mom's wear on commercials. I suppose now I'm supposed to smile while I think of new ways to make my house smell clean and fresh for my family. Because, what else would give a 40 year old a reason for living?
I am reading...The Forgotten War, by Mart Laar, about the Estonian Resistance movement in WW2.
I am hoping...to get more music on my iPod. I've been scanning my Christian CD's to decide what to transfer, so I won't have to pay for them again.
I am hearing...Nobody Knows, by the Tony Rich Project.
Around the house...back to the daily grind. I actually went shopping this morning and bought a new sheet set and super-soft guest towels.
One of my favourite things...watching movies or documentaries about submarines. I know, "Nerd Alert!"
Some plans for the week...Accept the challenge of writing 100 words a day for a month (officially start next month). Website http://www.100words.com/about.php

No comments: