Monday, November 17, 2008

Going With The Flow


Nov. 17, 2008

Outside my window...a cold day. It may snow this week so we have to buy my daughter new boots.
I am thinking...that I think my boasting about being mellow is being tested, since we just got a call that a friend is coming to stay with us for a night on Saturday when we return from the Sovereign Grace Assembly, and will stay for Sunday dinner. I know it'll be exhausting, but I will try to smile.
I am thankful...that I finished drafting my Christmas letter today. Now I just have to print it and buy Christmas cards. Also, it was nice to have my daughter home from university again. I find she's more talkative now that she doesn't live at home. Also, my youngest daughter had an 88% average on her interim report card.
From the kitchen...chicken amandine, rice, baby carrots and sugar snap peas, sugar cookies.
I am wearing...Black Lulu Lemon knock-off pants, a GAP sweater.
I am reading...Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden, about two native Canadians who fought in WW1.
I am hoping...to write some memoirs this week.
I am hearing...a soccer game. Chelsea vs. West Bromwich Albion. I was rooting for Chelsea. They won 3-0.
Around the house...I think that my new bookshelves look beautiful. I transferred my Inspirational fiction to those two shelving units.
One of my favourite things...my Japanese maple in its' full red colour in the fall. If we ever move, that's one thing I'll miss about this house. See photo.
Some plans for the week...work three nights, Christmas shop, clean, attend the Sovereign Grace Assembly on Friday and Saturday in Delhi, Ontario. Entertain a friend from out of town. Continue the challenge of writing 100 words a day.

No comments: