Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mixed Feelings

Nov. 8, 2008

Outside my window...a cool fall day. They've sodded the boulevard and changed the sidewalks and curbs. Now they are repaving the street, even though it doesn't need it. I guess it's a make work project.
I am thinking...that while it was an amazing election south of the border and a significant achievement for Obama to be elected, considering their history, I would not have voted for him. As a Christian, I find his policies, particularly his approval of the horrific practice of partial-birth abortions, to be the biggest stumbling block for me. I hope he won't have too radical policies. Hopefully, he can be a true statesman who looks to the next generation, rather than a politician who only looks as far as the next election.
I am thankful...for my oldest daughter who came home this weekend to tell us she wanted to go on a Missions Trip to Scotland in February. I'm glad she's serving God with her life. I'm also happy to hear that our youngest daughter has asked for baptism. The grace of God is evident in both their lives.
From the kitchen...Creamy Chicken and Pasta Soup,(see recipe below)salad and brownies.
I am wearing...jeans and a pink hoodie.
I am reading...Where or When by Anita Shreve. It's about second chances.
I am hoping...that my daughter will be able to raise the funds for her trip. I'm not worried though. We serve a Sovereign God. She knows if she's meant to go, the money will come in.
I am hearing...the sounds of soccer. Lots and lots of soccer. AAAAHHHH!
Around the house...it's nice to have my family together. I don't just love them, I like them, too.
One of my favourite things...Jane Austen movies. We watched one last night. Such a romantic time period; the clothes, the manners. I'm sure I wouldn't have liked the health care and class system, if I had lived then, though.
Some plans for the week...a quiet weekend. We have plans for the next four weekends, so it's nice to stay home for a change. I plan to organize my spices today, and do some yardwork. I'm working four twelve hour night shifts again this coming week. That's my life.

No comments: