Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Countdown

December 23, 2008

Outside my window...a cold, snowy day. We've used our new snowblower. For now, it's still as exciting as a new toy at Christmas, but I'm sure that will pass.
I am thinking...that I can't wait to read all my new books.
I am thankful...that our Muslim neighbours only eat Halal meats. Every Christmas when he gets a free turkey from work, he gives it to us. If we have no need of it, we pass it on to someone in our church.
From the kitchen...chicken souvlaki, fries and salad. Amish Friendship muffins.
I am wearing...burgundy v-neck top, navy lulu lemon pants.
I am reading...A Lady of Secret Devotion by Tracie Peterson.
I am hoping...to have a quiet night at work tonight.
I am hearing...the sounds of silence while most of my patients are asleep. I'm expecting a patient from emerg soon, though.
Around the house...everyone's home for Christmas. We baked shortbread cookies. It's the only thing I bake at Christmas.
One of my favourite things...book sales. I got so much loot this week at the bankruptcy sale.
Some plans for the week...work two nights. Celebrate Finnish Christmas (Joulu) on the 24th at our house. Jamaican Christmas on the 26th at my husband's cousins' house.

No comments: