Monday, January 5, 2009

Captivated

Song of Solomon
Chapter Three

“…When I found the one I loved,
I held him and would not let him go.”
Vs.4

Have you ever felt that kind of desperate clinging, where you almost dare the other person to be the first to let go?

“On the day of his wedding,
The day of the gladness of his heart.”
Vs.11

Weddings are like that.

Chapter Four

“You are all fair, my love!
And there is no spot in you.”
Vs.7

She is not perfect, but she is perfect for him.

“You have ravished my heart,
My sister, my spouse;
You have ravished my heart
With one look of your eyes,
With one link of your necklace.”
Vs.9

He praises everything about her. He is captivated by her when she looks at him.

“A garden enclosed
Is my sister, my spouse,
A spring shut up,
A fountain sealed.”
Vs.12

These are images of her virginity.

“Let my beloved come to his garden
And eat its pleasant fruits.”
Vs.16

She invites him to unlock the “garden” of her virginity.

No comments: