Monday, January 5, 2009

Romantic Getaways

Song of Solomon
Chapter Seven

“A king is held captive by your tresses.” Vs.5

Men love women’s hair, and women know it.
The man fancies himself a king, enchanted by the beauty of his princess.

“How fair and how pleasant you are,
O love, with your delights!”
Vs.6

The woman responds to her beloved’s wooing with happy surrender.

“I am my beloveds’,
And his desire is toward me.”
Vs.10

She feels safe and secure in his love for her and enjoys his desire for her.

“Come, my beloved,
Let us go…lodge in the villages.
There I will give you my love.
…pleasant fruits…all manner, new and old,
Which I have laid up for you, my beloved.”
Vs.11-13

I think this is equivalent to taking a honeymoon trip or a romantic getaway. They go to a different place, stay over, and concentrate on each other. Sometimes couples need a change of venue. She is more adventurous and offers “new and old” to him, which she has planned.

No comments: