Friday, February 13, 2009

Adventures in Life

Feb.13, 2009

Outside my window…a cold, windy day, but at least half of the snow banks have melted this week.
I am thinking…that my youngest daughter will make a great lawyer. This week she received a bill for $31.00 from the public library for a book she returned months ago. She went there and explained the situation. They asked, “How do we know you returned it?” She said that if they checked the shelf, they’d find it there. She wasn’t entirely sure it hadn’t been signed out again, but she knew she had returned it. They checked and it was there. Then they said, “But there are still outstanding late fees.” She asked, “How can there be late fees when it’s been here all along?” They expunged her record. Go girl!
I am thankful for…my oldest daughter’s phone call this week, where she shared her joy over leading a person to Christ. These are the things that really matter in life. I’m glad these are the things that bring her joy.
From the kitchen…pasta, sauce, meatballs, and salad.
I am wearing…jeans and a grey NAVY t-shirt.
I am reading…Just Cause by Susan Page Davis. It’s a Christian suspense novel about a woman wrongly accused of her husband’s murder.
I am hoping…that since the federal budget passed, we’ll have some stability in the government for awhile. But I’m feeling 40 billion dollars poorer.
I am hearing…the evening news. Sad news about the horrific plane crash near Buffalo, New York last night. Being a nervous flyer, myself, I’m trying not to think about the fact that right now my daughter is on a plane to Scotland.
Around the house…my daughter’s missions trip to Scotland starts today. I’m proud of her and hope she has a great experience.
One of my favourite things…writing. I love creating a life for my characters. They become my friends and I tend to fall in love with my leading men, but then, I create them near perfect, so how can I not love them?
A few plans for the week…I’m beginning a four day weekend. I haven’t made any plans yet for “family day” on Monday. My husband has to work anyway. We’re not going out for Valentine’s Day since we ate out the last two Fridays, and we leave for Mexico in 20 more days. Besides, I feel love every day, not just on Valentine’s Day. I even told my husband not to buy my weekly roses this week, since they are overpriced for the holiday. It’s not such a hardship for me to do without. (Don’t I sound noble?)

No comments: