Friday, April 17, 2009

Stress Plus

April 17, 2009

Outside my window...21 C today. The warmest day of the year so far.
I am thinking...I can't believe how directionally challenged I am. I drove my daughter to Hamilton on Tuesday and got lost twice on the way. How pathetic is that? Maybe it's time to invest in a GPS.
I am thankful for...a friend who has started typing up my stories. She told me she's enjoying them, which is encouraging me to finish them up.
From the kitchen...we bbq'd chicken, vegies, and garlic shrimp skewers.
I am wearing...my black and white polka dot dress. It feels like summer to me.
I am reading...Fireproof by Eric Wilson. It's about making your marriage better. It's also a movie starring Kirk Cameron. It's often shown in churches because it is evangelistic.
I am hoping...that my daughter gets caught up with her homework and my eldest does well in her exams. I can't believe her first year of university is almost over.
I am hearing...Ice Road Truckers. I don't know why I find this show so fascinating. Big rigs drive over a road made on icy lakes in the Arctic.
Around the house...This has been a very stressful week for my husband and daughter. They are very much alike in temperament, and often have insomnia. My daughter actually broke out in hives because of the stress of all the assignments due at the same time.
One of my favourite things...bacon. It tastes as good as it smells.
A few plans for the week...shop, clean, finish our Carey admin stuff so we can mail out the brochures by the end of the month. We're having a luncheon at church on Sunday. Then I'll be working four nights before being off again for twelve days to go to Texas.

No comments: