Friday, April 10, 2009

The Wonder of the Cross

April 10, 2009

Outside my window...a warm spring day, but this week it snowed again. Enough already!
I am thinking...that this weekend, I need to check out the new Christian bookstore, not that I need anything else, but my daughter wanted a new Bible. That's a nice thing to have to say.
I am thankful for...the willingness of Christ to go to the Cross. It is both the climax and nadir of history. See the song, The Wonder of the Cross by Vicky Beeching, at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLSwigbVW6g. It's my new favourite.
From the kitchen...grilled steak and lamb, baked potatoes and vegies.
I am wearing...black dress pants and a black and white top.
I am reading...On a Killer's Trail by Susan Page Davis and Blind Sight by James H. Pence. See my reviews on chapters.ca
I am hoping...my husband has a better week. You wouldn't think a job in water supply would be this stressful.
I am hearing...a documentary on Germ warfare, in particular, Anthrax. Very scary.
Around the house...we've decided to renovate our bathroom. Now we have to find time to shop around for a vanity, tub, toilet and tiles. I've already bought the accessories.
One of my favourite things...Easter weekend. I think it's the most significant Christian holiday, and the least commercialized. I only buy an Easter lily and a little chocolate for the girls.
A few plans for the week...work three nights. Get a haircut. Go to our Good Friday service, work on Friday night (our unit is open this weekend because of a flu outbreak on another unit). I was volun-told I had to choose a shift. So I chose tonight so I could still attend our services on Good Friday and Easter morning. We'll have a breakfast at church. Then I'm off until Wednesday.

No comments: