Saturday, June 6, 2009

Concert

June 6th, 2009.

Outside my window...sunny, warm, 22 C, a perfect day for an outdoor concert.
I am thinking...today is the 65th anniversary of D-Day. They really were "the best generation". I think, sadly, that their grandchildren (myself included) are too selfish to have done what those brave soldiers/sailors/airmen did.
I am thankful for...a free, safe country and peace during my lifetime.
From the kitchen...whatever we find at Ontario Place.
I am wearing...white capri pants, a black and white sleeveless top.
I am reading...The Guy I'm Not Dating, by Trish Perry. It's hilarious, Christian chick lit. It explores the issue of dating vs. courtship.
I am hoping...my friend, Kathy has a great time on her missions trip to Brazil. That's the privilege of being single.
I am hearing...It Feels Like Home, by Chantal Kreviazuk.
Around the house...my husband is picking up his cousin from the west end. My eldest is on a retreat and will also be at the concert today, although she'll be with her friends somewhere else. The house is in a rare moment of spotlessness. The calm before the storm.
One of my favourite things...concerts, I hope. I'll let you know.
A few plans for the week...Hillsong concert today, church tomorrow, work Monday night, family bbq on Tuesday since Kelli's here, work Wednesday and Thursday night.

No comments: