Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

Today was Christmas Day. We slept in till 10, then the girls opened their stockings and we goofed off until four. I only had to make desserts for the meal today. I made a trifle and a chocolate mousse pie, and brought along leftover Finnish desserts from yesterday. My sister-in-law made a great meal of turkey, salmon, ham, curried goat, rice and peas, sweet potato, carrots and peas, salad, stuffing, and appetizers, punch, and dessert. Sooooo good. Jamaicans live life loud, and the comparison in our family gatherings is sometimes quite funny. Lots of reminiscing about the old country, and many silly pictures were taken. More gifts, mostly gift cards, that will be helpful when we move next month. Also a book, music and wine.
Now my husband and I are relaxing in front of the big screen watching a soccer game. (It's only Man U and Fulham, so I'm fine with either team winning).

No comments: