Monday, May 3, 2010

Spring Has Sprung


May 3, 2010.

Outside my window...a warm spring day, high teens. It seems the leaves have all budded within the last week. The blossoms on the fruit trees smell beautiful.
I am thinking...I love Christian weddings. The one we attended on Saturday was beautiful; very Christ-centred. Both the bride and groom and most of their immediate family are believers. They had speeches, games and a funny skit about their proposal.
I am thankful for...the appointment I had today with a neurologist. she examined me and is now planning some bloodwork and an MRI. I'll feel better when i get some answers. She's thinking I may have problems with my parathyroid gland. I've been having some Parkinson-like symptoms, which had me terrified.
From the kitchen...rotisserie chicken, Greek pasta salad, tabbouleh, fresh bread, pineapple and raspberries from the grocery store. It was a non-cooking day.
I am wearing...a black and white floral dress, because I felt like it, even though I was just commuting to work.
I am reading...Promised to Me by Robin Lee Hatcher. The fourth in the Coming to America Series about new immigrants.
I am hearing...the soothing sound of the GO train.
Around the house...my eldest just arrived in Bermuda today, for a week...again. Poor girl, eh? She sang in the wedding we attended and did a great job. I don't know why I worried about her not knowing the words, since she got to keep the hymnal open. She sang, Here Is Love, Vast as the Ocean. My youngest daughter and I have nine more sleeps till Sandy Eggo! Yes, we're excited. My husband is working hard, and has extra duties at church to prepare for the annual meeting. I turned 46 on Friday. We went out for dinner but we didn't find my gift yet. We have to go to a few different stores to find a stove for the back yard.
One of my favourite things...rotisserie chicken.
Some plans for the week...work three nights, shop with my daughter, have a date with my husband, get my hair cut and highlighted for San Diego. We may do one celebration for our moms on Saturday for Mother's day and my mother-in-law's 65th birthday. Sunday is Mother's day, so I don't know what they have planned. I need to get something for my Mom, still.

No comments: