Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Two More Sleeps!

May 10, 2010.

Outside my window...a cool, spring day. On the weekend, it was so cold, with strong, howling winds. We had to tuck the swing between the house and fence so it wouldn't blow over and break the glass on the patio door.
I am thinking...that it's Nurse's Week. Have you hugged a nurse today?
I am thankful for...family celebrations. On Saturday we went to a club called Harlem, where my sister-in-law's band plays every week. We had the V.I.P. room for my mother-in-law's 65th birthday and Mother's Day for four of us. It was Southern cooking: fried chicken, catfish, cornbread, and more...and lots of it. Soooo good. My sister-in-law got up and sang Happy Birthday as only she can.
From the kitchen...beef stew, bread, mangoes and strawberries.
I am wearing...jean, a light blue tank top and my light blue Riviera Maya hoodie.
I am reading...Meltdown by Chuck Holton.
I am hoping...the trip to San Diego goes smoothly. I'm a nervous flyer. We also have a stopover in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Usually I travel with someone more confident than myself, now it's up to me to make sure we don't miss our connection. Done that before.
I am hearing...the GO train.
Around the house..my daughter came back from Bermuda, safe and sound, and tired. She's back in H-town doing her Spring courses. My husband is working hard, of course. I wish he could come with us. :( We leave on Wednesday, and return Sunday. We introduced my Mom to the hot tub. Now she understands.
One of my favourite things...spending time with my daughters. I really like their company and I'm looking forward to being with my youngest for five days. She's fun and silly and mature all at the same time. We've been counting down for over a month, like kids do. Only two more sleeps! I can't wait to see a Pacific sunset.
Some plans for the week...work one night, pack, travel, enjoy the conference and play tourist in San Diego!

No comments: