Monday, August 16, 2010

Almost Vacation, Again

Date: August 16, 2010.

Outside my window...a beautiful summer day, with a slight breeze and no humidity.
I am thinking...I don't know who decides these things, but I think it's stupid to just welcome 500 Tamils into Canada just because they got on a boat and headed here. The message we're sending is clear: no questions asked. Meanwhile, the legal immigrants who have been trying to bring their family members here, are still waiting. I have nothing against immigrants; I'm one myself. Most of our country is made up of immigrants. But I don't like illegal immigrants, especially ones that may be terrorists (Tamil Tigers) or human traffickers. By the time they investigate, they'll be absorbed into the system and living in Scarborough.
I am thankful for...my job. I like it when I'm there, but I also like that I get about eight weeks off per year.
From the kitchen...burgers,fries, and yep, corn on the cob.
I am wearing...jean capri pants, a light blue eyelet top.
I am reading...Havah, the story of Eve, by Tosca Lee. It gives you a real sense of what life was like for them before and after the fall, but I feel the author is catering to the theistic evolutionists with some of her descriptions.
I am hoping...our Pastor's wife will get better. She was diagnosed with breast cancer. She'll have surgery next month. She's still in shock, as are we all.
I am hearing...the GO train and traffic.
Around the house...my husband and youngest daughter have two weeks off. My mom leaves for Finland on Thursday for three weeks. My eldest is at camp and had to be quarantined due to illness for a day and a half. There's also a lice problem there. Ewwww. My kids have managed to avoid it until now. I told her not to bring her 'little friends' home with her. The contractor was installing the cedar planks on the walls of the sauna today. It smells wonderful.
One of my favourite things...the Canadian Carey Family Conference. This is our 18th year. Such good preaching and fellowship. It will be more relaxing this year. We've done the admin. and finances for five years now, so we've passed the torch. If you need to find me, I'll be reading by the pool.
Some plans for the week...work three nights, pack for the Carey conference, bake blueberry pies to take with us. We'll be gone six nights. The work will continue in our absence. The contractor can be trusted with a key.

No comments: