Monday, August 30, 2010

R.I.P. Oleks

August 30, 2010.

Outside my window...hot, hazy and humid all week.
I am thinking...my daughter's goldfish, Oleksandr died this week. We've had him 2-1/2 years. She had to bring him up to work with her while we were on vacation. I think he met with foul play from one of the campers, but we can't be sure. Poor Oleks. He loved me best; I could see it in his eyes.
I am thankful for...the past week at the Carey Conference. Such good preaching.
From the kitchen...meatballs, and yep, corn on the cob.
I am wearing...beige long shorts, and a cream and taupe top.
I am reading...A Quarter for a Kiss by Mindy Starns Clark.
I am hoping...to get some answers to my health concerns, this month. I have a brain MRI on Sept. 18th and an audiology appointment on Sept. 10th Within the last month or so, I've noticed a big change in my hearing. It seems everyone is speaking so quietly. I mis-hear what people say or don't hear them at all. It's noticeable to my family. It concerns me because it seems so sudden. I haven't had any exposure to loud noises. My grandmother was very hard of hearing. I feel I'm too young to be losing my hearing already. I also can't read lips, so I'd be lost. Of course, working where I do, I've already imagined the worst case scenario, which would be some kind of tumour. I guess the MRI would show that. My husband says to hold off burying myself until I know for sure. He's a patient man, isn't he?
I am hearing...the train.
Around the house...my mom's still in Finland for two weeks. Our girls are finished work and are home until school starts. We returned from vacation to a freshly painted basement. The main room is too yellow, so we'll have to have that re-painted. We were without our t.v. for two weeks, because the bulb blew. It's a rear-projection big screen. We had anticipated it, and ordered a spare bulb before World Cup, in case it happened then. It turned out to be a dud. We got the replacement bulb today.
One of my favourite things...having the speaker over for a meal at the Carey. It's nice to get to know them better.
Some plans for the week...my eleven days off are over. Working four nights. The girls are having friends over this week, even though dry-wall dust coats everything. My youngest is at the EX today. My husband and I were at a soccer game on Saturday, next to the CNE. The last time we were at the EX was on our first date 26 years ago. When our kids were little, we couldn't afford to go, and when they were older, they went with friends. I'm planning a facebook page for our church as a supplement to the web page. It's more accessible to the members.

No comments: