Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stay-cation is Over

August 3, 2010.

Outside my window...hot, hazy and humid. Feels like 40C. The a.c. has been running all day at home.
I am thinking...it should be quiet at work this week since the O.R. is closed. A nice week to ease back into work. It's amazing, but I think we spent more on our stay-cation than we would have spent on a little excursion out of the country.
I am thankful for...the three weeks' vacation I just finished. So relaxing. Back to work tonight. When I was at CURVES, most of the women were talking about their ideal vacation not including their husbands. Am I the only one who enjoys her husband's company?
From the kitchen...spaghetti and meatballs, veggies and dip, raspberry pie.
I am wearing...black capri pants, a red tank top and a black and white printed top.
I am reading...Summer of the Midnight Sun by Tracie Peterson.
I am hoping...that the painting done by my friend, Anneli arrives safely from Alberta this week.
I am hearing...the train. Back to the real world, although I would happily give up work if we could afford it, much as I love my job.
Around the house...they were laying the flooring in the basement today. It's beautiful. This past weekend we went to visit the churches our daughters are attending. I'm so thankful for the work of grace in their lives, that saved them, and keeps them. I'm glad they want to go to church and that they've chosen well. My mom is going to Finland in a few weeks. She couldn't locate her passport since the move and renovation, so today she had to re-apply. It's a good thing she didn't discover the problem the night before here trip.
One of my favourite things...grilled bananas with brown sugar.
Some plans for the week...work three nights, go to a friend's cottage on Saturday and to church with them on Sunday, up in cottage country.

No comments: