Monday, September 6, 2010

Labour Day Weekend


Sept. 6, 2010.

Outside my window...a cool, grey, rainy day. Summer's over, it seems.
I am thinking...a nurse went missing in Orangeville. They found remains today. So sad, obviously a violent death. People in small towns don't seem to look their doors, even at night.
I am thankful for...my job. It's Labour Day, and while I'm in a union only by default, I do appreciate my job. It pays well and I love going there.
From the kitchen...ribs, chicken, fettuccine Alfredo, cold rice salad, corn on the cob, carrots, corn bread with apple butter, and peach pie.
I am wearing...purple workout pants, a grey shirt and sweater.
I am reading...The Buck Stops Here by Mindy Starns Clark. It's the fifth in a series. I love her mysteries.
I am hoping...to get our church's facebook page up and running this week.
I am hearing...a t.v. show about old movies. Hundreds of channels and nothing on. We watched Date Night the other day. It had potential as a concept, but just ended up being crude.
Around the house...the family room in the basement was repainted, and looks much better. We walked around the neighbourhood today to choose a new colour for our front door and garage doors. They need repainting. We've been in the hot tub a few times this weekend, including this morning, to drink our coffee in the rain.
One of my favourite things...a day when we don't have to do anything.
Some plans for the week...both girls start university this week. They grew up so fast. My daughter's friend Sarah is here for a few days. I'm trying to organize our fall. There are fishing trips, friends coming to visit, conferences, Thanksgiving dinner to host, moving my mom into the basement, College and Careers meeting, Ladies' Meeting, apple picking and a dinner party. I'm working three nights, then I have my audiology appointment. Our Pastor's wife has her surgery this week, so I'll make a meal for them. My mom returns from Finland on Thursday.

No comments: