Monday, November 29, 2010

Ahead of Schedule

November 29, 2010.

Outside my window...dark, but not too cold. Friends of ours moved to Finland. Right now it gets dark by four p.m. and it'll get dark even earlier as winter deepens. Oh, those Arctic winters.
I am thinking...our dinner party went well. See the pictures of the food below. We did ballroom dancing as well. That was fun. We're all decorated for Christmas. We got a real tree. It's perfectly symmetrical, seven feet tall, full and fresh. It smells amazing. I'm also finished all my Christmas cards. I feel ahead of the game, since it's not even December yet. I need to do my Christmas shopping, and a bit of baking once both girls are home. They don't want to miss that.
I am thankful for...the many blessings we enjoy.
From the kitchen...I used leftovers from the dinner party to make pork fried rice.
I am wearing...jeans, a grey long sleeved top, and a burgundy cardigan. No boots yet.
I am reading...What is the Gospel by Greg Gilbert.
I am hoping...that we can settle this dining room buffet/hutch situation tomorrow. A year ago we ordered a custom built one from Amish Furniture. A week later, they announced their bankruptcy. Thankfully, we had put the deposit on Visa, so we got it all back after a few months. Then we went to a similar store and ordered another one. They said they could do it, but after they built it, they weren't happy with the quality, so we'll either get our money back, or buy a floor model. Frustrating.
I am hearing...the train.
Around the house...just life; go to work, come home and sleep; repeat.
One of my favourite things...when my plans go smoothly.
Some plans for the week...work three nights, settle this furniture issue, buy a tv for my mother-in-law and one for our basement, attend the Elders and Wives' Christmas dinner on Friday, host a friend from out of town on Saturday, church on Sunday, and attend a party on Sunday night.

No comments: