Monday, December 6, 2010

More Parties

December 6, 2010.

Outside my window...cold and snowy. I shovelled the driveway at our new house for the first time today.
I am thinking...I may have taken on too much. I'm hosting the Ladies' Christmas Banquet on Thursday, after working three nights. Don't know how I'll have time to clean and prep, but I gotta try.
I am thankful for...today is Finland's Independence Day.
From the kitchen...spaghetti and meatballs.
I am wearing...jeans, a red Mom sweater. That's a sweater with a built in faux shirt underneath. It's what Moms wear on commercials.
I am reading...An Echo in the Darkness by Francine Rivers; set in first century Rome.
I am hoping... to get everything ready for Thursday. I'm also speaking on Rahab.
I am hearing...people on the train.
Around the house...we didn't make it to the furniture store to take care of the hutch situation. Maybe Friday. Both girls were home yesterday. We went to a 21st surprise birthday party for my daughter's housemate. It was held at the Oakville Country Club, which was a beautiful setting. The food was delicious and the dancing was fun. We met a nice couple and some more of my daughter's friends. I think Christians have the best parties. You can enjoy a glass of wine, but there's no drunkenness; you can have fun dancing, but no one gets stupid and hangs all over someone else. If my husband didn't have to get up at 5 a.m. the next morning, we would have stayed longer. I'm worried about my mom. She's had pain in her right side since she broke her ribs in a fall on the ice two years ago. Now she seems to have a hard lump over her liver. I hope she goes to check it out.
One of my favourite things...parties. As much work as they can be, I can't really complain that we have friends, food, health, a home, and things to celebrate. That's what life's about, isn't it?
Some plans for the week...work three nights, host a dinner, go to London on Saturday for our Finnish side Christmas party. We'll be out of town Sunday so we'll miss church, but my youngest is returning early to attend the baptisms of three of her friends. Now that's something to celebrate!

No comments: