Monday, January 24, 2011

C-c-c-cold!

January 24, 2011.

Outside my window...dark, but lighter than last week. We're in the middle of a cold snap. Minus 26 C.
I am thinking...this week in Toronto there was a funeral for a police officer killed while on duty. He was run over by a stolen snow plow. He leaves a wife and two year old son. Very impressive turnout by those in uniform. Over 14,000 people attended. Twelve thousand men in uniform marched past my work, but I was at home asleep. Times like that, I hate shift work.
I am thankful for...a heated home.
From the kitchen...pork chops and broccoli.
I am wearing...jeans and a purple 'mom' sweater.
I am reading...Fatal Judgment by Irene Hannon.
I am hoping...my sister's fiance won't have any complications with his radiation. He is finally at my hospital. I'm on my way to see him before my shift starts.
I am hearing...the train. I love my commute.
Around the house...I saw The King's Speech with my daughter. You wouldn't think a movie about speech impediments would be so good, but it was. They also brought out some of the politics of the day. On Saturday, me, my mom and my youngest daughter went down to the Convention Centre to watch an International Rhythmic Gymnastics competition. My cousin's daughter was here from Finland. We saw her for two minutes. The Finnish women's group performance won first place for both Juniors and Seniors. It was interesting to watch, but a long afternoon.
One of my favourite things...free books. I got one at church Sunday, by our friend, Roger Fellows.
Some plans for the week...I went to the dentist today, but had to reschedule because their pipes were frozen. Now I'm working four nights. Saturday, I'm speaking on the Book of Ruth at the Ladies' Meeting. Then I'll cook and clean for Sunday. We're having four Pastors from Malawi at church, then a church supper. We may have one or two of them over between services if they want a nap.

No comments: