Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm Sick

Februar 28, 2011.

Outside my window...a pleasant, sunny spring day. The snow is melting.
I am thinking...I'm sick. I don't get sick very often, so when I do, I'm quite offended. I felt it coming on last Thursday. On Saturday, I was happy my voice held out when I spoke at the Ladies' Meeting. By the time Sunday came, I could only move my lips during the singing. I stayed home from church Sunday night because I was coughing. I'm off work tonight. I feel guilty, of course, since staffing is so bad these days, but I have no alternative. We have Leukemia patients who have no immunity. If I walk in there coughing, or speak in my hoarse voice, they'll freak out. I just hope I don't miss the whole week. I was supposed to work four nights.
I am thankful for...how well the Ladies' Meeting went. We had a good study and discussion on Bathsheba.
From the kitchen...homemade chicken noodle soup and chicken pot pie. I tried a sauna and soup, but not much improvement. Time to drug up.
I am wearing...purple pants and a purple top.
I am reading...Her Name is Woman, Book One by Gien Karssen, as research for my talk on Mary.
I am hoping...to see Kody again. He's the cutest puppy.
I am hearing...a cartoon; Phineas and Ferb. It's one of the funniest cartoons since Looney Tunes.
Around the house...my mom is having quite a few medical tests and doctor's appointments. My eldest went back to Hamilton, my youngest is applying for summer jobs, my husband's work is going well, and I'm feeling 'blah'.
One of my favourite things...buying new books, especially when they're free. I just received a $50 gift card in the mail. I get it from collecting airmiles. This way I get to build my library for free. A little retail therapy might be just the thing to make me feel better today.
Some plans for the week...who knows? I'll have to take it one day at a time. If I'm off I'll try to write up my last message for the Ladies' meeting, on Mary. My youngest daughter is having a friend visit from out of town on the weekend.

No comments: