Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to Reality

August 15th, 2011.

Outside my window...rain, again. The nights are cooler, too. That seems to happen in mid-August.
I am thinking...my husband has transferred to the second third of his manageent placement. This one is way in the west end and by the lake, so his commute is much longer.
I am hoping...to not feel as tired at work this week. We should officially be over our jet lag...just so I can get back to shift work.
I am thankful for...our puppy seems to be adjusting to having us back again, although he's still a little needy and insecure.
I am wearing...beige capris and a brown and white print top. A rain coat, as well.
From the kitchen...haddock, veggie stir fry.
I am hearing...the train.
I am reading...Flames of Rome by Paul L. Maier. Still. What can I say? It's a thick book and I had very little time to read on vacation. I seem to read more on my commute to and from work. It's a great book though, set in the places I saw recently, with lots of palace intrigue.
Around the house...back to school prep, uploading pics, work, church, regular life. We went to a dinner party on Saturday. Good food.
One of my favourite things...fresh raspberries.
Some plans for the week...work four nights. Try to finish my travel blog. Now that I've finished uploading my travel pics to facebook, I need to do a Highlights of Europe album and print them out. On Friday evening, we have an appointment at the bank to transfer money for the girls' school fees. Saturday I leave for the Carey Conference for two nights. My youngest, and two friends, may join me for one night. I'm staying at the hotel, on site. It is wierd not to be going for the whole week. We've been going 19 years. My husband offered to preach on Sunday morning so our Pastor can stay at the conference. We used up almost all our vacation time for Europe.

No comments: