Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Home, at Last!

August 10, 2011.

Outside my window...overcast. So there was a heatwave in Toronto the whole time we were in Europe. Now the cloud that followed us in Europe crossed the ocean. The sun is supposed to shine again when I go back to work.
I am thinking...when we showed up to the airport in Paris in Friday, we were told they had sent too small a plane to accommodate all those who were booked. Eighty of us had to spend the day at a seedy Paris hotel until the evening. Then our flight was an hour late. We were the only ones on the plane. When we arrived in Toronto, we were told we would be compensated, which was a surprise, since we didn't have to pay anything. I guess they appreciated our time and inconvenience. At least it was at the end of our trip, and didn't interfere with our plans. Some missed connecting flights. Air Canada redeemed themselves.
I am hoping...to get the rest of my photos up today.
I am thankful for...the salvation of Kim, a young woman at church. We visited her in hospital yesterday to encourage her, and ended up being encouraged by the joy in her face. She as told her mother she is planning to be baptized.
I am wearing...my p.j.'s.
From the kitchen...bbq chicken and grilled veggies.
I am hearing...the news. Riots in London and financial markets crashing.
I am reading...nothing. Too busy uploading pics from Europe.
Around the house...good to be home. Unpacked, laundry done, groceries bought, bills paid, errands run, house cleaned. Back to work tomorrow night.
One of my favourite things...being at home. I will always appreciate a good cup of coffee and free public washrooms.
Some plans for the week...work two nights. Attend a summer party Saturday night.

No comments: