Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Closure

Sept.6, 2011.

Outside my window...a cool fall day.
I am thinking...my favourite patient is now palliative. I went to visit him. He had been asleep for a day, but woke up at the sound of my voice. He said, "I'm still here, but I have to go. No regrets; I've had a good life." I said, "You're going from good to better", (since he is a Christian). He said, "You've got that right." I was glad I got to say hello to him, and good bye, too. You don't often get those opportunities. I've nursed him over six years and have had many great conversations with him. He is 87.
I am hoping...to finalize the sale of our old van by the end of the week.
I am thankful for...my eldest got the placement she wanted. She had an interview this week and got in on an oncology unit for social work. That's my girl!
I am wearing...jeans, a long sleeved top and a sweater. Oh, and running shoes. I hope the days of sandals aren't over already.
From the kitchen...chicken breasts, macaroni and cheese and corn on the cob.
I am hearing...quiet.
I am reading...Belonging, by Robin Lee Hatcher, on Kindle.
Around the house...our girls were home this past week and prepping for school. They also had friends over. We went out to eat a few times, and my youngest came with me to tour the HMCS Montreal, a Canadian warship. Of course I had to bribe her with lunch and shopping downtown, but hey, I didn't want to go alone. I've been on a warship four times now, and I've seen more on other ships where I've been allowed to go below decks to see how they really live. This one was restricted to the top deck only. Today my eldest went back to university for her final year of her undergrad in Social Work. My youngest starts next week.
One of my favourite things...time with my family. We genuinely enjoy each other's company.
Some plans for the week...work three nights. Perhaps have a few of the new couples at church over for dinner on Sunday.

No comments: