Monday, May 14, 2012

Same Old Struggles

May 14, 2012.

Outside my window...warm and sunny, 20 C.
I am thinking...it's surprising and sad that after 26 years of marriage, I still struggle with jealousy, possessiveness and insecurity. I know I have no reason to, but unfortunately I respond the same way until I see that I was overreacting. So thankful for a patient husband.
I am hoping...to come up with a good topic for an article I've been asked to write.
I am thankful for...my future son-in-law's family. We met them yesterday and they were very nice people. They are believers. I'm happy to have my daughter join their family.
I am wearing...navy capris (it's that warm) and a navy and green floral top.
From the kitchen...Atlantic salmon, rice and salad. My daughter made us a delicous mother's day dinner yesterday, of salmon, tomato couscous, spinach and strawberry salad and an ice cream cake that said MOM on it.
I am hearing...fluorescent lights twittering at work. Right now all the patients are asleep. That won't last long.
I am reading...Sixty Acres and a Bride by Regina Jennings. It's loosely based on the book of Ruth.
Around the house...we went to Harvest Oakville yesterday. It was great preaching and it was nice to worship together as a family. We don't get to do that much any more since both girls attend different churches from us. On Saturday night we went to a party for my sister's 50th. It's nice that her late husband's family are so supportive of her. Kody starts more obedience school this week. Lately he's been jumping up on everyone.
One of my favourite things...praying with my husband.
Some plans for the week...work four nights. If I have time, I'll start that article. I have a real deadline to work within.

No comments: