Monday, May 28, 2012

Women of Faith BBQ

May 28, 2012.

Outside my window...hot, just like I like it. There was a bad thunderstorm last night. The poor puppy was trembling with fear. Tonight there was a blackout in Ajax lasting a few hours.
I am thinking...I was able to do that two-day no carb diet with no problem. I wasn't hungry at all. The portions are actually too big. I don't know how realistic it is to do it two days each week, but I may try one more week.
I am hoping...our oven will get repaired or replaced. It's only one year old and yesterday while we had guests we heard a pop and found the inner layer of glass in the oven had shattered and threw glass all over my appetizer, which was too bad because it smelled delicious. We have to wait till June 5th for Sears to send someone. At least it's still under warranty.
I am thankful for...finishing my article for the guest column in BARNABAS.I was even able to edit it down from 700 to exactly 550 words, as asked. I sent it this morning, ahead of deadline. I know I don't have a book published or anything, but to me it is exciting to have anything published for the first time, other than my blog. Validation, I guess. I'm doing my happy dance.
I am wearing...my uniform, at work, of course.
From the kitchen...pulled pork sandwiches, corn on the cob, roasted grape tomatoes.
I am hearing...a quiet unit.
I am reading...Summer of Promise by Amanda Cabot.
Around the house...I am hosting the Women of Faith bbq on Friday. Not the best day for it, but our schedule is getting so full. Also it's supposed to rain that day. It rained on our bbq last year, too. I still have to decide on my devotional topic as well. The kids are home and we've been working out together, running and strength training and toning. They've also been swimming and biking.
One of my favourite things...I booked a trailer for the Carey Conference, and I got the one I wanted. I've never seen it so I hope it's a good one. We can even bring the dog. He'll love it there. I started my packing list tonight.
Some plans for the week...work three nights. Go to Obedience school with the puppy. He's learning to heel and it's a pleasure to walk him when I don't have to keep switching hands or spinning around.Prep for the Women of Faith BBQ. I was smarter this time and accepted help with the food. I don't know why I insist on doing everything myself.

No comments: