Monday, June 4, 2012

Violent Week in Canada

June 4, 2012.

Outside my window...overcast and cool.
I am thinking...it's been a violent week in Canada. One killer sent body parts to the Prime Minister. He was apprehended today in Berlin. On Saturday, there was a shooting in a food court at the Eaton Centre with one gang member killed and five people injured, including a 13 year old boy. That killer turned himself in.
I am hoping...my youngest will find summer work. Still waiting.
I am thankful for...the Women of Faith bbq went well, even though it poured rain. We cooked and ate indoors. I spoke on Christ as the Fourth Man in the Fire from Daniel 3 and we discussed persecution and martyrdom. I also read about Polycarp from Foxe's Book of Martyrs. That's it until September. I'm running out of lessons so I'd better get writing.
I am wearing...jeans and a navy HMCS Montreal pullover.
From the kitchen...roast chicken, pasta and shrimp, corn on the cob.
I am hearing...the train. This particular Customer Service Ambassador is funny. When we were stopped between stations he asked for 500 volunteers to push the train. I guess you gotta do something to break up the monotony in a job like that.
I am reading...Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden.
Around the house...my eldest is planning her wedding. It's strange to have everyone around for a month. The dog loves the attention. He's in advanced obedience school and is improving.
One of my favourite things...the feeling after a fresh haircut. I was so scraggly.
Some plans for the week...work four nights, then I'm off for TEN days! I had originally booked the time off because I wanted to go to the Christian Writer's conference in Guelph called Write!Canada. I know we can't afford it so I'll try to write every day when I'm off and console myself that maybe I can go next year. On Saturday, we're taking my mother-in-law out for dinner for a delayed mother's day meal.

No comments: