Monday, June 25, 2012

Wages vs. Gift

Outside my window...warm, a few clouds, and a cool breeze.
I am thinking...So I ended up going to another unit last Monday. I was extra there and our floor went short and was really busy. That’s what upsets us. Our regular staff gets used as relief to bump up other floors while our unit suffers. Arrgh. At least it won’t be my turn to float for a while, I hope.
I am hoping...my mom and sister have a good time on their cruise and stay healthy and safe. I just read a newspaper article about how hundreds of people per year go missing off cruise ships. Scary stuff.
I am thankful for...our day at church yesterday. One of our missionaries, Roland Seiler preached from Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” It was beautiful. You can hear it at faith-baptist.ca Also we had a dinner and then came home to a UEFA soccer game, which unfortunately England lost to Italy. I have to admit though, that Italy played a better game. I’m happy Germany is undefeated. They’re my team.
I am wearing...grey workout pants and a blue top.
From the kitchen...baked potatoes, boneless chicken breasts, mushrooms, and salad.
I am hearing...silence at home. My husband tends to keep the t.v. on even if no one is watching it, but I like silence. My youngest just went downtown to pick up tickets she won in a contest.
I am reading...You are a Writer, So start Acting Like One by Jeff Goins. It was free on Kindle. Also I just finished the 15 Habits of Writers challenge.
Around the house...my husband’s temporary Management Training comes to an end soon. It was basically a year and a half long job interview. Then he goes back to his old job as a Supervisor and they run a few more guys through the program. He is content with his job and doesn’t want to be anywhere God doesn’t want him to be. Kody graduated from Advanced Obedience training, or as we like to call it, Doggie Reform School. Here is an humiliating picture of him. The trainer dresses them up like this when they graduate. He tolerated it.


One of my favourite things...hosting dinner parties. We have one this Saturday, so I’m still planning my menu. It’ll be hard to get it all together, shopping, cleaning cooking and baking all in a day, but it can be done.
Some plans for the week...work four nights. Dinner party on Saturday. Summer hours start on Sunday at church, so we can sleep in or get more done.

No comments: