Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Don't Judge Me


Outside my window...grey, rainy and windy. The time has changed so it’s pitch black when I’m on the train to work in the evening. No, seriously, I can’t see a thing out the window, not even shapes of things.
I am thinking...so this is election day in the States. I wonder who will be President. It’s funny how Canadians are so aware of American politics, but not the other way around.

I am hoping....to keep going on NaNoWriMo. It stands for National Novel Writing Month and basically you just write like crazy and keep track of it and try to finish a 50,000 novel in 30 days. It’s 1,667 words a day. It’s a first draft and they don’t even expect you to know where it’s going, plot-wise, but just turn off the internal editor, or should I say, infernal editor and keep going. It’s not like I have the time, since I have 25 writing projects on the go, but I need to push myself or I feel too lazy. This is my second time attempting it. Last time I got to the end of the first week and 11,000 words. The main reason is that November is a very busy month. I would prefer it if it was some other time of the year. My genre is Biblical historical fiction, which I like to read. They say, write the book you want to read, so here goes. It’s from the point of view of an obscure Old Testament person, one of David’s mighty men, Benaiah.

I am thankful for...days when I don’t have to cook.

From the kitchen...my mom’s lasagna. Nice not to have to cook today.

I am hearing...my family talking.

I am wearing...my pajamas still. Don’t judge me, I just woke up.
I am reading...research on Benaiah.

Around the house...Poor puppy. He only gets the walk I give him in the morning after my night shift, since it’s so dark now. He goes a little stir crazy.

One of my favourite things...hazelnut chocolate and coffee. Don’t judge me, I just woke up.

Some plans for the week...work three nights. I’m driving in with my husband on Friday for a rare day at work. We have a day of inservices and CPR recertification. I hardly know what my hospital looks like in the daylight. People are always surprised to see I still work there since they never see me in the day. Then I am teaching about King Solomon as a type of Christ at the Women of Faith meeting Saturday morning. It was a lot of prep this time, more than most, because I was looking at his whole life rather than just one passage like the Mediator in Job. But I feel like I know King Solomon better and look forward to seeing him in Heaven. Surprised? Read the post on the-scarlet-thread blog in a week and you’ll see why I think that. We also have a Providential dinner planned at church for Sunday.

No comments: