Sunday, December 30, 2012

Last Journal Post

Outside my window...about a foot of powdery snow.

I am thinking...this will be the last journal entry with this template. I’ve used it for a few years, once a week. It’s from the Pioneer Woman. Now I found one that I will post at the end of each month. It’s a five year journal, but I may only do it for one year. It is basically one sentence per day. You can write what you want or use the prompt, which is to complete the sentence or answer the question. We’ll see how it goes.

I am hoping...to get a writing day maybe on Tuesday. I’ve gotta push myself to meet my deadlines, but I have so many end of year projects to finish, like taking down the decorations and organizing my household paperwork from 2012. I would also like to set some goals. I chose a verse for myself for the upcoming year. It’s Proverbs 31:26 “She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.” I pray that’s the case as I write, teach and speak at the Women’s Retreats.
I am thankful for...reading through the Bible this year. I’ve read it in parts over many years many times, but never cover to cover in a calendar year. I enjoyed it, even Ezekiel. J

From the kitchen...McDonald’s drive-thru. Yeah, it’s that kind of day. Not a proud moment as a Mom.
I am hearing...Mantracker.

I am wearing...navy dress pants and a grey top.
I am reading...Courting Morrow Little. I read 50 books this year. I’m slipping. But then, I got more writing done this year. It’s a trade off, I guess.

Around the house...waiting on a part for the washer. It should come tomorrow. I’ve been to the Laundromat twice now, last on Christmas eve, so it didn’t feel like Christmas. My mom should be returning from Florida tomorrow or the next day. I never realized how much I depended on access to her car. I’ve been stranded. I got a sewing machine for Christmas. It all came back to me and I sewed a new cover for the hope chest by the entrance, and did a few little household projects. It’s kind of fun.
One of my favourite things...I saw Les Miserables last night with my youngest daughter. It was incredible. I love the theme of Law vs. Grace. Such a beautiful story.

Some plans for the week...We have a dinner at church tomorrow night for New Years’ Eve. We’re not as young as we used to be so we may not stay the whole time. I’m off Tuesday, too so I hope to write. Wednesday I will undo Christmas decorations. I’m working Wednesday and Thursday. No plans for the weekend yet, but probably more intensive writing.

No comments: