1.What is your number one goal this year?
To publish a book.
2. What are you most grateful for?
3. Are you content?
Yes, I am happy and blessed.
4. What is your best memory of last year?
Our daughter’s wedding.
5. What was the last major accomplishment you had?
I was published in Barnabas in Summer 2012. My first article. I feel legit.
6. What possession could you not live without?
My coffee pot.
7. Can people change?
Only by the grace of God.
8. What is the last “good” thing you ate?
Raw vegetables with dinner.
9. What is your current favorite snack?
Bbq chips, but they are verboten while my husband and I are trying to watch what we eat.
10. What made you smile today?
Playing with my puppy.
11. What’s your favorite accessory?
None really, but I’ll say my watch because it’s practical.
12. What are you reading?
With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin about flight nurses during WWII.
13. What did you have for dinner today?
Breakfast for dinner. A breakfast bake with shredded potatoes, ham, veggies, cheese and eggs, with toast. Have I mentioned I like eggs? I eat them every day. My husband says they’re my favourite fruit. Chicken fruit. And yes, my cholesterol is fine, thanks for asking.
14. What did you get done today?
I went to work an hour earlier for CPR recertification.
15. Who last called you on the phone?
Gillian, from church.
16. Who are you in love with?
That’s easy. Gary.
17. What are you looking forward to?
Planning the Secret Agent Themed DVBS for this summer. I have been finding great ideas on the internet. I’ll probably be in charge of the snacks again.
18. The best part of today was finally getting a diagnosis and pain control. I’ve had pain on the right side of my face since Monday. I’ve been to three doctors in three days, had a CT and finally found out I have shingles. Not good news by any stretch, as I’ll be off work for a month since I’m contagious and I will have a diagonal line of pustules on my face and more excruciating pain, which may linger for months to years, I’m told. But at least I know what I’m dealing with and the pain is manageable now that they’ve given me drugs.
19. My current favorite website is Pinterest. It’s something I could do to distract myself from the pain without having to concentrate. I have boards for all kinds of recipes, way out of proportion to how much I cook, a bucket list, places I’ve been, home decor, helpful hints, party planning, and a prepper board called, TEOTWAWKI which stands for The End of The World As We Know It.
20. What was the hardest thing you’re dealing with?
Fear of the pain and disfigurement of shingles on my face.
21. Today, I’m wondering if I will get a rash with my shingles, or just the pain. It would be nice to avoid the pox since it will make me contagious.
22. I crocheted my first granny square since I was a teenager. It all came back to me. Now my daughter wants me to make her a blanket.
23. What made today unusual?
I’m still off work, going to the doctor again, for more pain medication and to find out when I can go back to work.
24. What are you looking for from life?
Hard to think long term today when all I want is answers to my pain syndrome. They’re thinking now that it’s not shingles since I’m ten days in pain but no blisters. I have to see a neurologist now and maybe get more tests done.
25. What is your favorite thing to drink? Coffee; freshly ground, fair trade coffee beans. Black.
26. Today the temperature was minus 10C. There’s about five inches of snow on the ground.
27. How much did you spend at the grocery store the last time you went? $134.00
28. Today I went to see the neurologist. I would like some answers as to what is causing my pain, what can be done about it, and how to prevent or treat it should it recur. Apparently it's not a migraine or shingles, but some kind of trigeminal neuralgia. More tests planned.
29. What was your last major purchase?
I guess it was our t.v. when our old one died.
30. My house is a home because of my library. Books make a home.
31.Today I went to the dentist to make sure my pain didn’t have a dental reason. Apparently I'm dentally perfect.