1.What is your favorite piece of art you own?
A painting done by my childhood friend out west, of a front stairwell filled with colourful potted flowers. Her name is Anneli Haataja Janssens. See photo above.
2. My daughter, her husband and my mother-in-law are coming for dinner tomorrow.
3. Today I went to church for the first time in three weeks. I was okay pain wise, at least it was controlled, but I was dopey and drowsy. I was excited about the DVBS meeting. My husband and I may be in the play this year. I will oversee the snacks, buy prizes and help with decorating. My husband will help with the A.V., Lord willing.
4. My favorite colour changes all the time, but I like shades of blue and green.
5. On a scale of 1-10 how is your health? Currently, a 4 because of my chronic pain syndrome, now into its fourth week.
6. If you could do today over, would you change anything?Yeah, I’d pay better attention when joining the granny squares on my daughter’s blanket. A few are upside down and I can’t undo it. She says she doesn’t mind because it gives it character, but I’m a perfectionist and it will annoy me FOREVER.
7. Name an issue you wish you didn’t have to deal with today.Chronic pain.
8. What is the largest TV screen in your house?42 inches
9. What time did you go to bed last night?
10. What did you buy today?Pizza after church.
11. I wish I had a diagnosis and relief from this pain. Over four weeks now. I will go for my MRI on Wednesday afternoon. Finally!
12. How many photos did you take today?Just a few of my crocheting work-in-progress.
13. What book are you reading right now?
The Bible, and that by audio, as I can’t concentrate. Also, it’s the best way to get through Leviticus or Ezekiel. The book I started back before the pain still has the book mark at the same spot. That tells you how bad the pain is. I read four books in the first two weeks of January and none since.
14. What are you doing for Valentine’s Day?Going out for dinner with my husband. I also got chocolate (Turtles, my favourite), white roses and a card.
15. What’s new?My MRI is done and just waiting on the results.
16. What mood were you in today?Pretty good, actually. Yesterday I had a few hours of clarity when I was able to write and I finished the final message for my retreat in two weeks. Today we had a meeting, planning the 50th anniversary celebration of our church. Then I cooked and baked for the luncheon at church, though I don’t think I can make it through that because that’s when my meds kick in and all I can do is nap or crochet. I have two blankets on the go. I completed the one for my youngest daughter. It’s my only accomplishment this past month. :-(
17. What was the last thing that made you smile?Seeing my article published in Barnabas, and the brochure for the retreat.
18. My biggest hope is that my pain will stay away. Since they doubled my Lyrica about a week ago, it is starting to work. Yesterday I took half as many Tylenol 3’s and I haven’t had any facial pain for 24 hours.
19. What has discouraged you lately?I always said that if I was not able to be a nurse, I would still keep busy because I am a writer and a bookaholic, but now that I can’t nurse, write or read, who am I?
20. What kind of car are you driving?None for the last month and half since I am impaired. I used to say if I was rich I would hire a driver, (to which my husband replies, "You HAVE a driver!") but now that I have to be driven everywhere, I miss the autonomy. But our vehicle is a silver Honda CRV.
21. List your pets.Kody, our Huntaway (or New Zealand Sheepdog).
22. What are three things you need to buy?Three tops for the retreat. Power dressing. But, for around the house, we need a quieter dishwasher, a couch for the family room and blinds for my daughter’s room. May have to wait on the income tax money. Trying to avoid credit.
23. Today I felt really secure knowing I am saved.
24. Who made a difference in your life this week?
Three people, specifically. Linda, who took a precious Saturday morning and met me to coach me in public speaking. My Pastor, who read over my messages to make sure they were theologically correct and to help with clarification and questions for group discussion. My youngest daughter, Leah who took me shopping and found some really nice sweaters for the retreat, along with a scarf, which is new to me.
25. What is your super power?Normally, I would say, I am an ONCOLOGY NURSE! But now, it is I am a follower of Christ. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
26. What’s new?Wondering why I booked my doctor’s appointment for the day after a snow storm.
27. What would have made today perfect?If my MRI results were more conclusive. I’m glad it’s not bad news, but then neither is it a diagnosis. Probably a local neuralgia (nerve pain) possibly caused by a virus, but not certain. I may need nerve conduction tests. Result, change some meds around and stay off work for another month, waiting to see if it goes away on its own or if I can adjust to the medications so I’m not so impaired by them. At least I'm off the narcotics, finally.
28. What bothers you?Looking “normal”, (other than a little haggard from my ordeal), so people expect I can do the things I did before. Come and look through my cupboards and fridge and you won’t say that. I can’t manage more than to walk the dog, do laundry, make dinner and crochet. Able to read only by audio Kindle. Able to write occasionally if I have a few hours of clarity on a good day. Sometimes I can update the bankbook. Whoohoo! Such an accomplishment. (insert sarcasm here).