Friday, September 11, 2015

Outlawed Bibles


Review of The End Begins by Sara Davison

*****

Sara Davison draws the reader into a world set in the not too distant future in Canada. The Bible has been outlawed as hate literature and the Canadian Human Rights Commission, an unelected body, has the power to investigate, arrest and sentence Christians to corporal or capital punishment.

This is the first of The Seven trilogy. The writing, characters and pacing of the story are spot-on. I found myself thinking about the book when I was away from it, and wanting to get back to find out what happened next.

The premise is terrifying and yet plausible, given the slow trend to vilifying Christians. What other group can be named in public and spoken of so scornfully? It reminds me of the early days of World War Two when Jews were named as the cause of all social ills.

I found myself imagining what I would do in such a situation: Run and hide? Stay and fight? Smuggle Bibles?

What do I do now, to prepare for such a time? Memorize Scripture? Purchase and hide more Bibles? Read and study it more?

Appreciate the gift we have in the Word of God in our own language while it’s ours. Many do not have this privilege even now.

I can’t wait to read the other books in the series. Watch for more from this exciting new Thriller author.

No comments: